JOIN OUR YOUTH LEADERSHIP COUNCIL!
We are so excited to introduce the Make-A-Wish Missouri - Youth Leadership Council! This unique group of talented and passionate students will meet monthly July-June to help make wishes come true.
Council members are elected each year with membership terms running from July to June. Members will work together on fundraising projects to help raise awareness and funds about the mission of Make-A-Wish Missouri.
As a part of the Youth Leadership Council, students will learn valuable skills such as leadership, organization, budgeting and planning. These transferrable skills will be helpful in college, at work and beyond. Our goal is to grow this program into a network of youth across Missouri, as we work together to ensure that every eligible child’s wish is granted.
To be a member of the Youth Leadership Council, you must:
- Live in St. Louis Metro Area
- Commit to activities on a one-year term basis
- Be passionate about helping wish kids with life-threatening medical conditions
- Attend monthly meetings during the term to learn about the mission, brand standards, and fundraising procedures at Make-A-Wish Missouri
- Be willing to communicate quickly and effectively by phone and email
- Work together with the YLC to advertise and organize several fundraisers each semester with the goal of funding more wishes
As a Youth Leadership Council member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with Make-A-Wish staff, business professionals, and other youth who are passionate about volunteering and philanthropy
- Learn more about philanthropy, teamwork, and leadership
- Develop leadership skills that will help in a future job search or college applications
- Make a difference in the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions
- Earn volunteer hours
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Have a lot of fun!
Do you know a student that would be a great addition to the Make-A-Wish Missouri Youth Leadership Council?
To nominate a student and get more information contact:
Interested in joining the Youth Leadership Council this year? Complete the Youth Leadership Council application and submit it to Alisha Abbott at email@example.com.